Disneyland’s California Adventure Park is celebrating a Summer of Heroes and YOU’RE INVITED!
It just so happened that my very first trip to Disneyland fell during the Summer of Heroes celebration. What a treat! Let’s jump right into my top 5 things to do at California Adventure during Summer of Heroes.
The highlight of it all is definitely the all new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Do you LOVE thrill rides? If a little thrill is what you’re seeking…scratch that… a TON of thrill, this is YOUR ride. Let me start by saying, this ride is not for the faint of heart. But if you’re a thrill seeker, you are going to absolutely LOVE it! It truly was an amazing ride. For me, once and done. I get motion sickness. If it wasn’t for my motion sickness, I would be on it again and again.
If you’ve been on Tower of Terror, you will know what to expect. It’s similar, but let me tell you, it is 10x better. There are MORE drops, MORE screams, and MORE fun. Plus, you get to listen to some great music. Your ride will feature one of these great tunes:
- “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar
- “Give Up The Funk” by Parliament
- “Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf
- “I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5
- “Free Ride” by The Edgar Winter Group
- “Burning Love” by Elvis Presley
Super hero inspired food can be found throughout the “Hollywood” area of the park. Those delicious spiderman treats above, by far, my favorite. Everyone has to try this vanilla ice cream-filled macaron with the Spidey design. Yum!
photo credit: Disney
How about some Jalapeño-Cheese Groot-Shaped Bread? This one came in second for me. Although, first on the cuteness scale!
Meet the SUPERHEROES
I don’t care how old you are, everyone loves superheroes. I’m sure you have a fave, right? I have always loved Hulk…that was…until Guardians of the Galaxy came out. Now I have a whole new love. The problem is I can’t choose between them. Cutie Pie Groot, Drax who just kills me with his laugh, and then there is Star-Lord….
During the Summer of Heroes you can meet Captain America and Spiderman. Keep an eye out for Star-Lord and Gamora as you may catch them out and about as well.
Oh yes, the scenery. Everywhere I looked I saw photo opportunities. From the super hero foods to the life like buildings taken right out of our favorite movies, to tons of apparel and toys to get some photos of (and buy!). Hmm I should have put shopping on here too. There are tons of toys and fun super hero apparel items to purchase too.
Summer of Heroes Experiences for the whole family
Check out this list provided by Disneyland:
- Guests have a chance to be dazzled by the beloved and iconic “Main Street Electrical Parade,” with an extended run through Aug. 20.
- The spectacular nighttime “Fantasmic!” show re-opens at Disneyland this summer, and the classic Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions return to delight park guests.
- Also in Disneyland, Star Wars and Disney fans will step into out-of-this-galaxy adventures at Star Wars Launch Bay, meeting some Star Wars characters and getting an up-close look at replica props and models from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Across both parks, guests will meet characters familiar and new – from Moana and Chewbacca to the stars of Summer of Heroes, including Groot, Captain America and Spider-Man. Photos with Groot are sure to be a big hit as he makes his first appearance in a Disney park.
- “Disney Junior Dance Party” debuts Friday, May 26, at Disney California Adventure, creating a fun concert experience where adults and kids can sing and dance along to the music. Popular Disney Junior characters from Disney Junior TV shows “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First” and “The Lion Guard” will be joined by characters from the new series “Mickey and the Roadster Racers.”
For more information and to purchase tickets, head over to the Disneyland Website!