In November, I was given the opportunity to review the Kia Forte. I just LOVE the Kia Brand and well, honestly, any new clean car is a plus in my book While I’m not used to a regular 5 passenger car, because we are a family of 6, I was surprised with the space inside this vehicle.
I will start with the MOM stuff that I loved about this car.
- SAFETY – Dual front airbags – Side airbags – 4 wheel ABS – anchor & tethers for car seats (we are no longer in this stage, but I like that they have it! We do babysit often. Safety Lock Doors. Rear back up camera *A MUST FOR ME*
- Roomy – now it’s not huge, but it is enough for a family of four in my opinion. You could set up two car seats in the back with no issues. Three would be pushing it.
- Trunk Space – as a baseball mom x 2 and a softball mom we have a lot of STUFF to take to tournaments. Coolers, bat bags, snack bags, etc. The trunk space was perfect for us.
- Sunroof. Why is this in the mom section? Because when the kids got restless, I’d pop open the sunroof and they settled down and enjoyed watching the clouds above! Love that – mom needs her serenity.
Now, onto the non-mom stuff I loved. (the stuff that doesn’t involve the kiddos)
- adjustable seats – with MEMORY – LOVE this! If hubby gets in, he has his own settings, when I get in, I have mine. MUST HAVE!
- Back up cam – yes I said this earlier, but even without kiddos, I need this back up camera. I stink at parking AND backing up! In fact, I won’t drive downtown just to avoid parallel parking. But with this car, I did go downtown and did great with the camera!
- Remote Keyless Entry with Trunk Opener
- Push Button Start w/Smart Key & Immobilizer Love love love!
- Sunroof. Yes, when I’m alone I love to open it too!
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM Audio System with 4 Speakers – this is a must have as well for me!
- The speakers were awesome too!
Overall, this would be a perfect vehicle for a single person, married couple, or SMALL family. I could see myself purchasing a Kia Forte after the kids are older and off to college and I’m not carting them around from game to game to school etc
You can find out more details on the Kia forte HERE
*Disclosure: I was given a full week test drive of the Kia Forte to review on the site. My opinions are 100% mine and in no way influenced.