Did you catch “Project Runway” as they finished out Season 13 last week? One beauty trend captivated the runway; bold metallic eyes. I’ve always wanted to learn how to get that amazing look. Now we CAN get that same look thanks to the talented Mary Kay Global Makeup Artist Luis Casco. Luis teaches us how he created glowing silver eyes for the models of “Project Runway” winner, Sean Kelly, which easily transfers from runway to real way.
I really am amazed at how easy this look is to recreate. Luis simplifies it for us all. My teen daughter had a great time recreating the look.
· Generously apply Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color in Glacier Gray all over eyelids as a base with brush.
· Sweep Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Sterling on to inner halves of eyelids and build out under inner thirds of bottom lashes until you see it disappear. Take color left in brush and sweep across brow bone to brighten eye.
· Line along creases and outer thirds of lower lash lines with Mary Kay At Play™ Eye Crayon in Purple Smoke and blend slightly.
· Intensify lashes with two coats of Mary Kay® Lash Love Mascara in Black to top and bottom lashes.
Add in some color to the face & lips:
· Apply Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Golden Copper to apples of cheeks in an upward diagonal toward brow bone.
· Pair eyes with a neutral lip by applying Mary Kay At Play™ Jelly Lip Gloss in Teddy Bare to center of lips.
You can check out her entire video below where she explains the steps to create the metallic eye look along with a great hairstyle and outfit to complete the look:
More information on the products used.
Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color
Shade Used: Glacier Gray
- Soft, creamy, long-wearing formula glides on easily and has a lightweight feel.
- Crease proof, waterproof color dries quickly, does not transfer and lasts for 10 hours .
- Swipe on for soft color or go vibrant by building the color.
- Can be used alone or as a primer under mineral eye color.
- Available in nine gorgeous shades.
- Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy, suitable for sensitive skin and eyes.
- Ophthalmologist-tested and suitable for contact lens wearers.
- Oil- and fragrance-free.
- SRP: $14.00
Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color
Shades Used: Amber Blaze, Copper Glow and Glistening Gold
- Long-lasting, fade-resistant, mineral-based formula delivers weightless, high-impact color in one swipe
- Glides on easily and applies smoothly and evenly for a natural, luminous finish that looks gorgeous on any skin tone.
- Contains vitamins A, C and E to help protect against wrinkle-causing free radicals.
- Oil-absorbing properties. Crease-resistant.
- Available in 35 matte and shimmery shades.
- Suitable for sensitive skin and eyes, and suitable for contact lens wearers.
- SRP: $7.00
Mary Kay At Play® Eye Crayon
Shade Used: Purple Smoke
- Glides on smoothly, blends easily and is smear proof.
- Lets you choose the level of color intensity with versatile and buildable color.
- Use as an eye shadow and as an eyeliner!
- SRP: $10
Mary Kay® Lash Love Mascara
Shade Used: I <3 Black
- Lightweight formula lasts more than 10 hours
- Innovative brush helps lashes reach their maximum length for an exaggerated, instantly intensified effect
- Lifts, curls and perfectly separates lashes
- SRP: $15
Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color
Shade Used: Golden Copper
- Stay-true color defines cheekbones.
- Contains Vitamins A, C and E to help protect against wrinkle-causing free-radicals.
- Applies smoothly, easily and evenly.
- SRP: $12
Mary Kay At Play® Jelly Lip Gloss
Shade Used: Tedy Barre
- Offers brilliant, intense shine with a sheer wash of color.
- Leaves lips feeling soft, smooth and quenched with moisture.
- Provides an ultra glossy look and comfortable wear.
- SRP: $10
Disclosure: all products were supplied by mary kay. All opinions are 100% my own.