Last month I was given the opportunity to review the Kia Forte. While I’m not used to a regular 5 passenger car, because we are a family of 6, I was surprised with the space inside this vehicle.
Let me start with the MOM stuff that I loved about this car.
- SAFETY – Dual front airbags – Side airbags – 4 wheel ABS – anchor & tethers for car seats (we are no longer in this stage, but I like that they have it! We do babysit often. Safety Lock Doors. Rear back up camera *A MUST FOR ME*
- Roomy – now it’s not huge, but it is enough for a family of four in my opinion. You could set up two car seats in the back with no issues. Three would be pushing it.
- Trunk Space – as a baseball mom x 2 and a softball mom we have a lot of STUFF to take to tournaments. Coolers, bat bags, snack bags, etc. The trunk space was perfect for us.
- Sunroof. Why is this in the mom section? Because when the kids got restless, I’d pop open the sunroof and they settled down and enjoyed watching the clouds above! Love that – mom needs her serenity.
Now, onto the non-mom stuff I loved. (the stuff that doesn’t involve the kiddos)
- adjustable seats – with MEMORY – LOVE this! If hubby gets in, he has his own settings, when I get in, I have mine. MUST HAVE!
- Back up cam – yes I said this earlier, but even without kiddos, I need this back up camera. I stink at parking AND backing up! In fact, I won’t drive downtown just to avoid parallel parking. But with this car, I did go downtown and did great with the camera!
- Remote Keyless Entry with Trunk Opener
- Push Button Start w/Smart Key & Immobilizer Love love love!
- Sunroof. Yes, when I’m alone I love to open it too!
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM Audio System with 4 Speakers – this is a must have as well for me!
- The speakers were awesome too!
Overall, this would be a perfect vehicle for a single person, married couple, or SMALL family. I could see myself purchasing a Kia Forte after the kids are older and off to college and I’m not carting them around from game to game to school etc 🙂
Now with the help of various companies, people can buy a car loan with a 60-month term payment option. This helps people in a big way as the monthly installment payment rate automatically decreases.
You can find out more details on the Kia forte HERE
*Disclosure: I was given a full week test drive of the Kia Forte to review on the site. My opinions are 100% mine and in no way influenced.